Canadian Experience Class
Home / Permanent Residence / Family Sponsorship / Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program through which siled workers with at least one year of work experience in Canada can apply for permanent residence. CEC is a part of Canada’s Express Entry immigration system. It is the fastest track to permanent immigration.
The government of Canada understands a pool of talented workers is already working in Canada and wants to become permanent residents. These individuals and families have made plans for the future in Canada.
Express Entry system manages the CEC, and the candidates are ranked using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Advantages of CEC
There are distinct advantages for the candidates of CEC under Express Entry. These are;
- A minimum work experience of 12 months is required to improve the CRS score when applying under Express Entry
- Minimal documentation is required when applying for CEC under Express Entry. The application process takes only 3 to 4 months.
- Under the Canadian Experience Class, applicants do not have to show proof of settlement funds, as FSWC and FSTC candidates are.
Express Entry Class
Express Entry allows IRCC to invite individuals to make an application for permanent residence. They have already shown interest in settling in Canada, made an Express Entry profile, and are allowed to enter the express entry pool. They are given a score based on the information they have provided in their application.
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Experience Class
A candidate applying for CEC must
- Have atleast one year of full-time working experience or an equal amount of part-time work in Canada with a valid work permit within the last three years of application.
- Language proficiency with writing, reading, speaking, and listening abilities. A language proficiency test is proof of a candidate’s language skills.
- The candidate is intended to live outside Quebec
Other than this eligibility, a candidate must meet the admissibility conditions to be able to enter Canada. Once all the requirements are met, he is allowed to make an application for permanent residence via the Canadian Experience Class.
Steps to Apply for CEC
Once you are found eligible for CEC, the following are a few steps taken to apply for permanent residence
- Obtain a Canadian work permit
- Get 12 years of full work experience in Canada
- Complete your Express Entry profile on the IRCC website once you meet the eligibility criteria. Use Express Entry Calculator to find your eligibility for CEC. If your score is below the requirements, improve your CRS ranking to get an invitation to apply
- Complete the application form, undergo medical, criminal, and security screening, and submit an e-application.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation for a permanent residence visa. You can now apply for a PR card
Get Assistance with your Application
Need assistance in preparing a Canadian permanent residence application? Xl Immigration Consultations offers many recommended representatives to assist you in your goals. Contact us now and improve your CRS score and get an invitation to apply for CES.