Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship
Home / Permanent Residence / Family Sponsorship / Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship
Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their parents and grandparents to immigrate to Canada under the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP). Parents and grandparents approved under this program receive Canadian permanent residence and can apply for Canadian citizenship afterward.
Benefits of Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP)
The sponsored parents and grandparents can enjoy all benefits of a Canadian permanent residence. They can work, get healthcare, and have legal protection under Canadian Law. They are allowed to apply for Canadian citizenship if they meet the eligibility criteria.
A permanent resident can sponsor his parents and grandparents if he is;
- invited to apply
- 18 years old or above
- Living in Canada
- a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- financially stable to support the people you sponsor
- meet all other requirements and submitted the Interest to Sponsor form under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
It allows you to submit two applications when you are sponsoring your parents and grandparents in Canada
- the sponsorship application and
- application for permanent residence
You will sign an undertaking when both of your applications are approved. This undertaking will start on the day when your sponsoring persons become permanent residents of Canada.
Steps for Applying for the Sponsorship
If you are going to apply for the sponsorship of your parents and grandparents to Immigration to Canada, you have to be invited to apply for PGP.
If you are invited to apply, then submit both the above-mentioned applications online
Following are the steps you will follow if you are invited to apply for PGP and submit both sponsorship and permanent residence applications.
- Apply online from the government website. You will get a complete guide, instructions, and forms.
- Sign in to create a permanent residence portal account
- Provide required photos and biometrics requirements
- Pay your online fees, including application processing fee, biometric fee, and other third-party fees
- Submit all required documents, including medical fitness, police verification, and biometrics
- Submit your online application electronically signed and with all required documents.
Remember, your application will not be approved and will be sent back if any of the required documents are not found or any information is found unsupportive.
If your application is processed successfully, you will be sent an application number and acknowledgment receipt.
XL Immigration Consultation Services
XL Immigration Consultation Services is a well-recognized firm helping millions of visitors from the worldwide move and settle in Canada. We have professional consultants, representatives, and immigration lawyers to help clients prepare and submit family sponsorship applications successfully to the Canadian government.
Reach out to us if you need any assistance with Parents’ and Grandparents’ sponsorship.